Canterbury Student Accommodation in Kent
With the success of the first phase Becket Hall Emerging Developments would like to introduce phase two being Marlowe House student accommodation development for investment is situated in the historical city of Canterbury, South East England. Ranked 14th in the top UK cities with the best opportunities for student investment in 2012 (knight Frank Student Report 2012); Canterbury is home to three Universities with a student population of over 30,000. Despite higher tuition fees being introduced for 2012/2013, the UK’s higher education system remains heavily oversubscribed, and the development of new student accommodation has not kept pace with the growth in student numbers.
The Investment - Canterbury Student Accommodation
Assured yield of 9% for the first 5 years
Canterbury is a medieval city with three universities; Canterbury oozes student appeal and offers a mix of ancient architecture, busy bookshops and comfy cafes, together with vibrant nightlife, art galleries and great shopping.
Marlowe House is located in the popular student area of Parham Road. It has a student village feel, housing over 600 students in the area. Canterbury student village consists of 3 buildings housing 336 students and is ideally placed to enjoy the hustle and bustle of student life. Giant supermarket chain Asda is only a 5 minute walk away, providing local shopping for students.
Situated on the South East tip of England, Kent is the gateway to Europe and is also known as the ‘Garden of England’. Great access to international travel links – just 1 hour to London and 2 hours to Paris. Canterbury is famed for its beautiful sea views and historic World Heritage Sites.
• University of Kent – 2.1 miles
• Canterbury Christ Church University – 1.3 miles
• University of the Creative Arts – 1.3 miles
Units start from £54,950
The Buying Process
• Choose a student unit
• Pay reservation fee of £3,000 – Complete an International Property Purchase Form and to pay the £3,000 fee to reserve your apartment. This will be deducted from your exchange payments
• Instruct Solicitors – We can appoint a solicitor on your behalf to handle the legal process for you. They will ensure that all the necessary legal searches have been done.
• Exchange of Contracts – Upon exchange pay 50% of the balance, minus the £3,000 reservation fee
• Stage Payment of 25%
• Completion – The 25% balance of the purchase price is now due
Completion due September 2014
For detailed information on this investment please contact us by filling out the form or calling us +44 (0)203 432 5474 We can send you:
Comprehensive Investor Report.
Availability, Price List, Floor Plans.
Details on the Assured Rental.
If you wish to reserve online please request the reservation form.
Please ask us any questions you have, we are happy to help.